SEEMA BIOTECH is a leading tissue culture company in India. Since 2002 we are successfully producing supplying tissue culture plant of Banana,Teak & Bamboo all over the India. Apart from tissue culture we have different projects, like SEEMA FOOD (sweet corn processing unit), SEEMA DRIP (Non ISI drip production & Installation), Hi-tech Biofertilizers production unit, well equipped soil & water analysis lab. Separate R & D unit & own field for mother plant,Plantation of different plants & for different agronomical trials.
SEEMA BIOTECH is trusted company due to world class technology, transparency, & strong technical support to customers.considering importance of Bamboo in these days, SEEMA BIOTECH has started production of Bamboo plants since in 2020.With production of high quality bamboo plants,It is our duty to provide all technical information to our farmers regarding bamboo. Hence we are presenting this Booklet of Bamboo.
Bamboo is the fast growing durable, versatile natural source. Bamboo plant has capacity to produce maximum biomass. Bamboo is used since ancient times in many areas such as furniture, construction, food agriculture etc. As well as with traditional uses there are ever increasing,contemporary uses in industries like construction, textile, food, energy production, Bio ethanol, Bio CNG, charcoal etc.
Through bamboo can grow naturally all over the India, India is net importer of Bamboo. It means that there are greater opportunities to increase production of bamboo throw commercial plantation of bamboo. Bamboo has potential to make revolution in agriculture, industrial, economical growth & ecological security of the nation.
Habitat of Bamboo -
Bamboo grows naturally on the earth from latitude 40 South to 47 North. Bamboo found in almost all states of the India from tropical to the temperate regions, the only exception where they do not occur naturally is Kashmir.
Why plantation of Bamboo ?
- The bamboo is light weight, flexible, tough, high tensile hence we are using bamboo since ancient times. Due to new Industrial uses demand for bamboo is increasing.
- Bamboo has calorific value more than 4000 k.cal/kg, which is higher than any other agriculture product (sugarcane Bagasse has calorific value about 2500 kg cal./kg) having low ash contain i.e only 1% and digestive cellulose of 65% hence bamboo is better source for fuel & energy than any traditional source.
- Bamboo has 50% carbon hence is the best source for making charcoal.
- Bamboo may be used for production of bio ethanol.
- Bamboo has high strength to weight ratio, high tensile strength & natural resistance against biological attach. Hence it is best natural source for structures, furniture’s, for the construction of roofing, doors resorts etc.
- Paper is mainly produced from bamboo, India imports paper more than of 40 thousand Cr. annually from other countries.
- High quality thread can be produced from bamboo.
- India spent more than 8 lakh cr. Annually for fuel import. Bamboo is eco-friendly option to reduce the import.
- Bamboo early shoot is nice source of food having low cholesterols & enough antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Leaves of the bamboo are used as fodder
- Indian climate is very suitable for the optimum growth of bamboo.
- Bamboo may be cultivated on barren land also.
- Due to different uses demand of bamboo is increasing in our country. Annual bamboo requirement is 26 million tones & we can produce only 13 million tones bamboo per year. Trade India is net importer of bamboo. From total bamboo production of India 94% bamboo is from forest & only 6% bamboo is from commercial cultivation.
- Bamboo has great ecological importance. It is fast growing plant, it cleans the carbon dioxide in the air more than the other plants & helps to cool the climate. It grows on sewage water also fibers roots of the bamboo prevents soil erosion and increases water holding.
Verities of Bamboo -
In India there are 134 verities of Bamboo. From which 15 verities have selected for commercial cultivation by the government of the India. These includes balcooa (Bambusa balcooa), Managa (dentrocalamas stocksii) Bangal Bamboo (Bambusa tulda), B.nutans, Bambusa brandisii. etc.
Balcooa (Bambusa balcooa) is the bamboo variety is of multipurpose use & more accepted variety all over the India.
Importance of tissue culture Balcooa Bamboo -
- Balcooa is naturally occurring bamboo variety of India & Indian continent.
- It is suitable for almost all soil type & climatic condition of India. It has nice growth in high temperature also.
- It grows vigorously & yields high in short period. (Hight 23 m, Diameter 8-15 cm, & node length 20-40 cm.)
- Balcooa is sterile variety, there is not seed formation in Balcooa. After a plantation it may yield up to 60-100 years.
- Balcooa is thicker than the other variety (wall thickness 1-9 – 2-5 cm)
- Balcooa Bamboo has calorific value more than 4500 kg cal/kg & only 1% ash content hence very suitable for energy generation, for coal & pellet production.
- Due to this higher tensile strength it very useful for furniture, construction materials, scaffolding flooring etc.
- Its may be used for weaving to make different articles & traditional products, incense sticks, & other industrial products.
- It grows straight & thorn less hence it is easy to harvest.
- Tissue culture plants are genetically pure, identical homogeneous & free from disease & pest.
- Tissue culture plants are prepared in very hygienic conditions & well hardened in different stages. Hence these are more healthy than the plants derived from traditional methods.
- Tissue culture raised plants have low mortality & uniform growth. As compare to plants derived from traditional methods.
- Millions of genetically pure, uniform ,disease pest free plant production is only possible in tissue culture method. Tissue culture plants may be available throughout the year.